This virtual exhibit uses as its foundation the book Aizvestie. 1941. gada 14.
jûnijs (The Deported. June 14, 1941), published in 2001 by the State Archives of
Latvia. The exhibit retains the same sections as appear in the book.
The following groups of documents introduce the reader to the process of the
first mass deportation of Latvian citizens:
• preparation and procedure of deportation
• the arrested in custody and prison
• the deported in settlements
• legal status of deportees
• rehabilitation of deportees
The database at the State Archives of Latvia contains information about 15,424
people deported from Latvia on June 14, 1941. Visitors to the virtual exhibit
are able to search for information about each of these people.